Meter Pit Program Offers Middlesex Water Customers Convenience and Safety
Meter Relocation offers Customer Benefits
- Convenience - Customers will no longer need to be at home waiting for a technician to remove the interior meter because no access is needed to the home.
- Safety - Eliminating in-home visits reduces the potential for imposters to pose as water company personnel trying to gain access to your home.
- Protection - A leaking meter, though infrequent, can damage your home’s interior and basement. Moving these meters outdoors eliminates the risk of damage caused by a leaking meter.
- Maintenance - Maintenance of the meter environment when located in the home, and providing meter access to MWC service personnel is the customer’s responsibility. Once relocated to an exterior pit, meter maintenance is the company’s responsibility.
- Efficiency - Meter pits allows quicker and easier access by company personnel, which is especially important in emergencies.
“Installing the exterior meter pits as we are performing water main work in the same area is an efficient way to approach this initiative, said
Customers of affected premises will receive advance notice of scheduled meter work and relocation. All meter relocation work will be performed by
This program is one of several under the Company’s Water for Tomorrow® initiative designed to strengthen the water system infrastructure to help ensure greater reliability, safety and resiliency.
Middlesex Water Company
Source: Middlesex Water Company